Each year, more than 3,500 high school students from across the country participate in the VFW Auxiliary’s Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest. The contest began in 1979 to recognize up-and-coming artists and encourage patriotism in youth. The deadline is quickly approaching: March 31 is the Student Entry Deadline to submit to the VFW Auxiliary.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Any student in grades 9-12 who is enrolled in a public, private or parochial high school or home study program in the United States.
- Maximum student age of 18 at time of local entry.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Applicant does not have to be related to a VFW or VFW Auxiliary member to participate, but the student must attend school in the same state as the sponsoring VFW Auxiliary.
What is the Scholarship Amount?
- The first-place winner from each state competes for national awards totaling $29,500.
For more information, entry forms, deadlines – please click on this link! https://vfwauxiliary.org/wp-content/uploads/Creative-Patriotic-Art-Form-Fillable-For-Website.pdf